Make furniture designing your cup of tea, with these 13 top best furniture design software.
With increasing inflation in society, it has now become absolutely hard to find a low-cost, quality-driven software to design furniture that can help in designing the outlook of furniture.
Even hiring a furniture designer to get the customization, has become just costlier to give it even thought of. Besides if you get one then there is no surety that you may like his/her techniques and work, and once you hire them there is no chance of a refund if the design is not as per your requirements.
Hence, it is just like putting your money on bait. Besides just customizing your own fixtures and furniture, people who are furniture designers or aiming to become one, can not carry out their clients’ orders gracefully if they lack to have a highly skilled software for their work.
Whether you want to style your own furniture or you have this work as a profession, both situations require you to have the best platform or equipment to carry out the task of furniture designing splendidly.
Therefore to make your work simple and yet more convenient here is the list of the top 13 free drawings and software for designing furniture you to check out.
These software are comes with top-notch features and tools like drawing automatic symmetric lines, exact accurate measurements, having pre-designed layouts, and much more that will amaze you.
All these applications are totally economical and many of them are even free of cost, hence providing you services that you have been looking for.
13 Best Furniture Design Software & Programs for Furniture Designers
Here we are up with the top best furniture design software in this running year 2021.
Is this software useful?
Can we build up the infrastructure that we wish?
No more worries, you are on the best page where you find all of the incredible ones.
So, let’s begin.
It is a solid modeling Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and computer-aided engineering program. This software has the following three versions:
- 2019 SolidWorks
- 2020 SolidWorks
- 2021 SolidWorks
Dassault Systèmes developed this computer program for designing furniture. It was developed for Windows.
It does not support macOS. The software to design furniture is written on the Parasolid kernel.
It is a solid modeler and applies a parametric feature-based approach.
Shape features usually begin with 2-D or 3-D sketches of shapes.
The model information is saved in *.step format.
The drawing module includes most paper sizes and standards.
The sketch usually contains geometry – points, lines, arcs, and conics.
Final drawings can be easily created from parts or assemblies.
- Widespread usage by beginners for elementary comprehension.
- The asset of PhotoWorks- 3D photorealistic rendering
- SolidWorks composer feature for content creation.
- Intuitive interface.
- Great product support.
- Sheet model files to flat patterns conversion.
- Immensely great line parametric solid modeling.
- The system crashes without warnings.
- New bugs with the new version.
Also Read: Car Design Software
#2 Google SketchUp
Essentially a 3D Modelling Computer Program. Finds its widespread application in drawing applications.
Developed by Google, Trimble, Trimble Navigation, the @Last software.
Different versions include : SketchUp Pro 2014, SketchUp Make 2013 etc. – all paid.
The furniture designer software helps in dividing, splitting, and exploding lines and faces. Used in drawing for architectural, interior design, civil, etc.
Software Extensions add to specialized functionality.
For example, SketchUp 4 with extensions written in the Ruby programming language provides special features.
Model viewers involve the – VRCollab LTE, SketchUp Viewer, etc.
3D Warehouse is an open library where SketchUp users can upload and download 3D models to share.
As evident, it is better for self-learning or the upgrading process. Nonetheless, it can be used with extensions to enhance functionality.
- Drawing of basic shapes.
- Selecting geometry
- Moving entities around.
- Has a vast 3D model repository.
- No need to design from scratch.
- 3D Warehouse- provides a huge library for resolving all problems.
- Sometimes features crowd up and confuse the beginner.
- Cannot import well-known CAD file formats.
- Lacks manifoldness.
#3 Polyboard Cabinet Design
It has been categorized as a ‘fast’ and ‘error’ free parametric design yielding software.
It yields a faster learning and designing process than traditional CAD.
Complex calculations can be easily accomplished – irregular angles, sloping walls, etc. No need for specialist technicians.
It has the fast feature that size needs to be entered, and the Polyboard draws projects.
It even functions to update it. You just need to drag and drop cabinets into the layout, add, resize or fit in.
The fast design process allows you to format on the fly with potential customers.
To access it, one has to download Polyboard, go through the product details, even simulate without buying, and boom!
One can even size his/ her carcass and even mention the number and drop in the components.
Features of resizing are also available. The model is even updated.
- User-friendly project management.
- Pre-existing hardware and models to choose and create.
- Instant access to manufacturing output.
- Integration with all CNCs.
- Solo click application of hardware.
- Setting up your preference without any intervention.
- 3D models and flexible order management.
- Great design with manufacturing details.
- Majorly the time factor because it’s a lot of time-consuming.
- Certain commands pose an unwanted change in some important parameters. Hence they have to be handled with utmost care.
#4 CADPro Furniture Design Software
The design and documentation of the furniture design are made easy using this software.
As the name suggests, Pro comes with many built-in features. Those features help in better modeling.
Provides tools to Design Modern Furniture Design.
It assures a complete free woodworking design software. This gives many symbols and clipart for free.
It is advanced in creating detailed computer-aided design projects.
Great for creating mechanical drawings, electrical and technical drawings.
Any new patent design can be started with CADPro.
The satisfying design can be sent over email by choosing the ‘Send as Mail’ option.
CADPro blueprint can be saved as a pdf file as well.
We can easily switch from classic to extravagant using this powerful tool.
- 2D drawing
- 3D drawing
- Data import/ export
- Auto snap
- Architectural tools
- Using the Scan the drawing, we can place the drawing on paper.
- The option to share the sketch is also available.
- We can even record the ideas and voices.
- 256 layers
- Customizable view
- No free trials.
- Technical glitches count is high.
#5 PRO100 Furniture Design Software
Helps in providing designs in Panoramic or Standard 3D Renderings.
One of the most innovative tools for designing. Helps you in designing the furniture with the utmost enhancing tools.
Amazing for designing frames or frameless cabinets. Results delivered based on materials, parts, and styles of components.
Photorealism Experience. Highly customizable.
Designers, kitchen dealers, etc., have begun extensively using it.
Easy to download and manage. Aided features enhance the performance. Ideal for innovative creators.
- Job costing.
- Cut list.
- Import option of 3D objects from CAD.
- Inch and metric.
- Custom closets.
- The design can be viewed on mobiles as well.
- High end 3D renderings
- Shape editing feature
- Custom dimensions on floor plans involving elevations.
- Its GUI produces superior-quality images.
- Nonetheless, minor technical glitches exist.
Also Read: Graphic Design Software
#6 Woodwork for Inventor
Many people prefer getting furniture made of wood.
Maybe to add nostalgia or enhance the endurance of their furniture.
The best tool for such inventors to craft out their design is through Woodwork for Inventor. This software to design furniture is based on Skeletal Modelling.
Even for acquaintance purposes, one can go for this tool.
It provides the knowledge behind various materials that can be used in doing the project.
Hence deliver some better options also. A Unified Hardware items library provides automated component placement.
They are extensively employed in Italian Boutiques, Designing, Architecture, etc.
The iBox technology has raised the bar of the software. It makes it more customizable to the user.
Users can also create their iBox library.
- CNC preparation facility.
- Usage of prototype and assembly copying.
- iBox components.
- Wrapping of the skeleton body with boards.
- Huge range of tools.
- 3D Effect on the models.
- No pencil and paper are required to reduce waste.
- Precise measurements.
- Saves time and money.
- Lowered worker morale.
- Software bugs.
- Compatibility issues.
- Technical Glitches.
The life-like details are what allures the most. It also provides a 3D Feature but to the next level.
More an easy and fast way to create the project. Even with promising accuracy.
Primarily to draft furniture and cabinets. It’s by far the best furniture layout tool for woodwork.
The most consuming and time-demanding areas in project formation are resolved quickly.
Furniture design software uses reports, spreadsheets, etc., to generate proposals for selling options.
Complete integrated reports provide vital things for chopping and cutting. The project guesswork is made obsolete.
The model is created instantly on the screen by simply adding dimensions. Easy to use with flexible detailing.
- An automated cut list is available.
- CustomizableCustomizable attributes.
- Templates library for many options.
- Quick and easy navigation.
- Easy to use.
- Enhanced accuracy.
- Hence more profits.
- More selling options.
- Time and money are saved.
- No wastage.
- Promotes innovation.
- Since it’s for professional purposes, one has to learn well to work with it.
- Loss of worker morale.
#8 SweetHome 3D
Imagine Planning or designing your own house, arranging the furniture, and getting this visualized before you in 3D.
This is the magic of this software. Widely used for interior comprehension and innovation.
The amazing 3d drawing software is what allures the audience. Dreamy and easy to use make it quite popular.
It is open-source and distributed under GNU General Public License.
furniture design software has thousands of models that can be easily created. The interface runs smoothly. It’s even very light to handle.
Being a free interior design software, it’s highly user-friendly. It even has exterior options.
You just have to create a 2D Plane with a 3D preview. Widely used for creating blueprints of houses.
- Blueprints can be imported from scanned images.
- Creation of Photorealistic Images and videos.
- Free choice of language.
- Free home planning.
- Even being free, its service is great because its 3D visualization to the user is par excellence.
- Numerous models to create.
- Export to pdf, SVG, and obj are also available.
- Very few glitches can occur, but the major being limited exterior features are present, which can be extended.
#9 SmartDraw Cabinet Designer
Majorly for professional purposes. As the results yielded by the final project creation add to the professional touch.
Even easy for beginners. You just have to start with the needed cabinet template.
As per your choice, you can choose the shape and size of the cabinet.
Even for hampers, drawers, and racks, design is according to our will. The stack units can be moved, deleted quickly.
It has an extensive inbuilt library. Thus you can choose your favorite cabinet shape and size.
Dozens of template designs are preinstalled to guide you.
It also provides free support to seek help with errors or confusion.
- SmartDraw can be operated from another platform that just requires an internet connection.
- The design can be exported in a variety of formats.
- It can be inserted into the office or any Google space.
- Intuitive library.
- Quick-start, hassle-free template.
- User friendly.
- Adds a professional touch to design.
- Increased selling options.
- The Gantt chart has a limited number of columns.
- Technical glitches.
#10 Fusion 360 Furniture Design Software
As the name suggests it’s a fusion of many applications on one platform. It’s an integrated junction for CAD, CAM, CAE, and PCB.
Also includes EAGLE premium, HSMWorks, and Team Participant. Also has cloud simulation and cloud rendering.
Provides access to consumptive service – generative design, etc. Aesthetics, form, and function are taken care of. Direct edit of existing features exist.
Hassle-free installation is promoted. A free trial is available. Innumerable creative and quick design iterations. Seamless 3-D Simulation.
User-friendly and reliant. Mac and Windows 8 with later versions support the software.
The buying options include- $1,335 for three years,$495 paid annually, or $60 for monthly purposes.
- Ideal for a technical design job.
- Cloud-based, hence easy sharing.
- Assembly features.
- One platform for many applications.
- For internet-oriented operations, it’s quite lethargic.
- Uses a lot of memory of the device.
11. Master-Design ART-SHOP X-Lite
- Free to use and easy to handle.
- Good for beginners.
- Programmable, flexible features.
- Advanced functionality for plotter printing.
- No pixel limit
- Usage of different graphic filters.
- Supported by only Windows.
Eleggible’s Final Words
With detailed and thorough research and analysis of wide varieties of Furniture Designing and furniture drawing software available on all sorts of platforms, we have filtered out these top best 13 Software that stands out the best among all others, on the basis of their unique and promising attributes, and services availed by them to their users.
Having the best feedbacks and incomparable comfort provided to the people already using them confirms that these are the only applications that you need for styling the furniture effortlessly.
As per your campaign, you can select and get the software that suits you the best because not just an amateur or any professional in this field can have access to it, this software is so user-friendly that almost anyone can operate on it.
Among all the recommended software the one that can be considered as the top one in the countdown of the best software is SKETCHUP. This is the ultimate furniture-free designing software that has a 3D modeling feature where along with furniture designing you can also style a landscape. It is available on windows and other devices too.
Be sure to go through this mentioned software and get the one that is suitable for you.