Do you love watching movies? If yes, then which video player do you prefer? Does it support all file formats? Does it support MKV file formats? No, then what media player supports MKV files? Here is where we are going to begin today’s article. It is all about the media players that do support MKV files and play them in your Window. If you are the one who was fond of this article, then here are we with this article to help you out.
In this article we are going to discuss the top 13 best media players, that is MKV players for you Windows 10. We will discuss the brief discussion of every MKV Player. To get more clarifications for you, we are also going to show some pros and drawbacks that will help you to choose wisely according to your requirements.
In addition to that, we are also going to give you a short guideline segment, in short. This recommendation segment will help you to know about the best amongst the one which we have discussed. So without making any further delay, let us get started with the article.
Top 10 MKV Players for Windows 10 [2022 List]
Here is the list of the top 13 best MKV Players that you can have all for your Windows 10 desktop. We are including some of the pros and cons highlights below each software or tool. They all are incredible and unique, so do not miss to check them out.
1. VLC Media Player
It is one of the widely used media players not only for KV files but it is supported to other file formats as well. This is a prominent player for Windows as it comprises almost every feature required. It is an open-source media player, which is available for free.
Besides, it has the decisive part of smooth functioning and functionality which plays MKV file with its best support. One should not worry about the quality of the videos, which is tremendous.
- It is one of the commonly used media players for MKV files.
- It supports other formats, other than MKV files.
- Has smooth functioning and interactive as well.
- Has a collection of huge features.
- It provides outstanding quality of the video.
- It takes a relatively long time to open the file.
- It has a steep learning curve.
2. KM Player
KM Player is another widely used media player that allows users to plugins their MKV file formats. Apart from MKV it also does support other file formats. It has a vast library of video codes and designs as well. Other file formats that it does support include MPEG 1/2/4, ASF, MKV, FLV, MP4, DVD, BluRay and others too.
Other features that support MKV file provides adjustment of the screen, sound effect, image filtering, changing brightness and contrast, playback, jump that are performed manually over KM player.
- It supports various formats, including MKV file.
- Have a vast library of video codes.
- You can modify your viewing by adjusting brightness and contrast, adjustment of scree and others.
- You can also jump and playback or even resume and continue to play the video according to you.
- It has a cool interface and is very easy to use.
- It contains bundles of software that are within.
- This player includes some ads while playing the video.
- It does lack sometimes.
PotPlayer is one of the Media Player, which for Windows. This player is sort of similar to KM Player, as some of the features are same. It provides prevalent GPU hardware that performs 4K video quality, efficient decoding.
It gives users a smooth function and sound quality is also excellent. Other than that it does not make any additional effect over CPU, as it reduces towards a minimum degree.
- It is available for Windows operating system.
- It offers better sound quality and other features.
- You can view the video with enhancing quality over 4K video-quality.
- It supports different formats rather than just MKV file formats.
- It does not have any side-effect on your CPU.
- It is not available for any other operating system excluding Windows.
- The user interface is not that good and user-friendly.
- It is handy for some beginner users.
4. Media Player Classics
Media Player Classic is one of the recently upgraded and modified media players, which has improved all its features. It can be competitive with other media players such as VLC and KM player. This is an open-source media player that is available for free, and you can easily download it on your operating system.
It contains several customizing options and features through which we can modify the player according to our requirements. Besides, It is a very lightweight software and does not consume much power for running. It also does support other file formats and can play 360-degree and 8K videos with ease.
- It is highly modified and customizable.
- This is lightweight and does not consume much storage as well as the power to run.
- It is available for free, and you can download and install it easily.
- Besides, It supports different file types and video qualities.
- It runs smoothly but sometimes gets freeze.
- The user interface is not that interactive.
- This player does not include any extra from other media players.
- It is hard to navigate for some of the features and options.
5. SM Player
SM player is one of the media players that support all the file formats, including MKV file format. It has a vast collection of features and is updated recently with specific modifications. It possesses some of the features similar to Media Player Classic.
The user interface is very user-friendly and interactive. It is suitable for both beginners as well as for the one who uses it. It provides features such as playback, jump, and screen resolution quickly.
- It is easy to operate and user friendly.
- This player can be used by novice as well as by the experienced one.
- It has features of playback, jump, zoom, and others too.
- You can modify it according to your requirements.
- It is available for other file formats including MKV again.
- Besides, it is available for free.
- It consumes some time to buffer the video.
- This player is only available for Windows operating system.
- It gives sometimes a stuttered image.
6. DA Player
There is nothing more additional than other media players when it comes to DA Player. It comes with similar features and modifications as compared to others. You can playback, jump, pause zoom in, or out and switch resolution. It also does supports some of the file formats other than MKV files.
- It is available for free, and you can download it easily.
- Have features of playback, zoom, screen resolution, jump, and other standard features.
- It performs excellent support for MKV files.
- Has a user friendly and interactive user interface.
- It is only available for Windows operating system.
- This player doesn’t Omit anything unique or extraordinary.
- It gets lagged sometimes.
- Require a lot of time to open a file.
7. GOM Player
If you are the one who is fond of some MKV supported file formats, then you might have gone through GOM player who comes along with its vast library of features.
It is used widely over users and has extensive community supports. You can customize the setting and modify it according to your requirements. It supports various file formats also by including MKV files.
- It is available for free.
- This player has vast features and a collection of modifications.
- You can customize it all by yourself.
- It has an interactive and intuitive user interface.
- This player also supports other file formats than MKV files.
- It also supports 360-degree video viewing and other HD quality videos.
- You might get a problem installing it on your PC.
- Other formats, excluding MKV, are minimal.
- This player does not function that smoothly.
- It gets hang while playing videos.
8. DivX Player
You might have heard about DivX Player, which is one of the media players that support various other formats, including MKV files. It works very well and smoothly installed and run. The user interface is spotless and advanced, which can be prominent for the experienced one.
It includes various other features of playback, sound quality, jump, pause, stop, and other related features too. It is one of the highly modified media players who cannot be used by beginners for the very first time.
- It supports different file formats.
- This player is available for all operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS, and Android and hence is platform-independent.
- It covers all the features possessed by every media player.
- Supports different video playing qualities.
- It has very advanced and intermediate settings.
- It is not suitable for beginners to be with.
- This player has a steep learning curve.
- It isn’t easy to understand for beginners.
9. Real Player
If you are searching for something advanced and well modified to play your MKV files, then you might have come underneath the Real player. It is a widely used media player for a more extended period of years until now. It has a huge community and support for its users.
You can jump onto any point of video quickly and can also pause or continue the playback. It has an advanced and well-designed user interface.
- It is used widely in many countries.
- This player has an advanced and intuitive user interface.
- It is effortless to operate and is also suitable for beginners to use.
- You can jump, pause, and stop a video.
- It requires a large space to run smoothly.
- Some features might get lagged when in use.
- It updates for an extended period.
- It is not available for free.
10. CyberLink Power DVD
CyberLink Power DVD is also one of the media players, which is similar to the DivX Player. It is not available for free; you have to pay some money to access all its unique features. You get a free trial version of the month, and then you can further purchase it once you are ready with the trial.
It consists of some extra features than other media players. It supports different file formats, including MKV files, and also supports different video playing quality.
- It is more advanced than its competitors.
- You are available for a free trial of a month.
- It has an intuitive and interactive user interface.
- Has additional features and runs smoothly on your system.
- It is not available for free.
- It can be handy for some of the beginners and novice.
- This player has a difficult learning curve.
As the name, you can get an idea, that it is available for all the file formats including MKV file format as well. It is similar to other media players, but when it comes to security, it is not secured. You may end up injecting malware or virus in your system if you do not use it wisely and smartly.
Another great feature that you can have with this is, you can also stream video from uTorrent and other third-party video streaming platform with ease.
- It supports all the file formats, including MKV files.
- You can easily download and install it.
- It is effortless to operate and understandable.
- It comes with a clean and user-friendly interface.
- You can stream your videos from different streaming platforms.
- It is not secured at all.
- You can end up with a virus or Trojans injected to your system.
- It can be handy to use.
5KPlayer is one of the more exhaustive free alternatives for watching recordings, yet dealing with your whole video assortment. The product permits you to include your complete PC video library, so you can choose recordings from inside 5KPlayer as opposed to looking through your hard drive.
On the head of that, you can transfer & download from Youtube and utilize Apple’s AirPlay to show recordings over different gadgets.
- You can stream the videos from any streaming platform.
- It supports different quality of videos over 8K.
- Has different resolutions and provides better sound quality.
- It also supports 360-degree video.
- It contains many ads in between the video playing.
- It is handy for some users to operate.
The most observable thing of JetVideo is its UI which looks perfect and efficient. However, JetVideo offers numerous subjects, also including many features. On the off chance that we talk about the video playback, JetVideo upholds a broad scope of video designs including MKV, MP4, MOV, QT, AVI, MPEG, and so on. In this way, it’s extraordinary compared to other MKV Players For Windows.
- Many users use this.
- It has a clean user interface and is friendly.
- It is effortless to operate by this media player.
- You can smoothly playback or jump on the video.
- It can sometimes freeze while running.
- It has a deep learning curve which can be difficult for some of its users.
I hope you might have gone through every mentioned media player although all of them are our handpicked choice so that you can stick with any of them. But if you are looking for the most prominent amongst those, our top of the list which is VLC media can be one of the best media players of all.
Other than that KM player and GOM is also excellent in its features. Suppose you have got some of the money. In that case, you can go with DivX Media Player or else with CyberLink Power DVD which is more efficient and advanced than the others. Meanwhile, all of them are good enough, so you don’t have to worry about it.
What Players Can Play MKV Files?
One of the best media player to play MKV files is VLC Media Player, which has in-built support which does not need any other third-party tool. You have to download and install it on your desktop, and then you can play your MKV file formats.
Does MX Player Support MKV Format?
Yes, MX Player does support MKV format, through which you can play your MKV files. The default android player does not support MKV files. For MX Player, to play your MKV files, you have to download and install MX player on your device.
Can Windows Media Player Play MKV?
The straightway answer is no, and Windows Media Player does not support MKV files. It is because they don’t help the opening of MKV containers. In contrast, the MKV file itself performs as a media container for video streams, audio streams, subtitles, and others.
Is MKV Better Than Mp4?
In this case, both of them MKV as well as MP4 player are well known and uses widely. MP4 is the most common and default format in many Android devices. In contrast, if you have a choice between some of the prominent players like VLC, then you can go with MKV file formats.
Eleggible’s Final Words
So in the final segment, let us come at the concluding point of this article. I hope that you have gone through every mentioned Best MKV Players. Surprisingly all of them are incredible in their way. So you can have any one of them without any worries and hesitation.
Apart from that if you are not sure you directly go over the best recommendation segment which is designed for you a better choice. You can also choose one of them according to your requirements and revised the pros and cons of your guidelines. I hope this article was helpful and informative for you.