Make your business more dynamic with these best cloud-based productivity suites and software.
A smooth sailing business always has to face many strong waves i.e. number of obstacles that come in its way especially if your business is in its growing phase.
Although physical aspects can be quite manageable such as maintaining a warehouse, stocking raw materials (in a product-line business) but many other aspects like keeping books of accounts, making a financial analysis report for a year, and other such tasks are not always manageable by the workforce.
It is way more suitable to maintain such things on productivity suites. A productivity suite is a computer application that provides you access to a word processor ( MS Word- to create documents), spreadsheet (excel- to store data in tabular form), and a presentation creator, all three together.
And to have access to these important documents and files anywhere on any device without any hardware, it is a must to have different kinds of office productivity software in the cloud.
This cloud-based software is not fixed at any particular device once you install it, you can easily have access to your important business documents and details stored in any of the devices to any other at any location whether it’s your free office suite, home, or even in a secluded place.
Hence giving your business more exposure and opportunity for growth without even making you invest anything in it.
Here you will be getting to know all about such amazing cloud-based software that will now change the course of your storage system forever in the best way you could have ever think.
What Are Cloud-Based Office Productivity Suites?
They are the solution to the question “What if you could access your files over the web rather than your computer’s storage? Cloud based productivity suites allow users to access files and programs from anywhere via cloud storage. It doesn’t hold up any storage space on your device. Thus, it is a new and modern space-saving tactic used by businesses everywhere.
Benefits of Cloud-Based Office Productivity Suites
Using technology like this brings in a plethora of benefits.
1. Boost in Productivity and Efficiency
It comes with real-time editing and collaboration features which means that you and your colleagues could work on one file at the same time, which would, in turn, save time, increase productivity, and employee efficiency.
2. No loss of Data
Due to the autosaving option, you never run the risk of losing your data.
3. Reduction of Expenditure
Shifting to cloud-based productivity software would lessen a firm’s spending on hardware requisites. It would reduce energy costs.
4. Mobility of Data
Cloud-based productivity software suites the mobility of data which means that you can access your documents from anywhere at any time.
5. Complete Security of Data
Additionally, cloud-based suites are secure and reliable. Thus, corruption or loss of data is unlikely.
7 Best Cloud-Based Productivity Suites Software (With Benefits)
Here are a few organizations offering you office productivity suites with the best features and at affordable prices.
#1 G Suite
G Suite is a compendium of applications by Google that helps you create, edit, organize, and manage your files for a monthly fee.
- G Suite provides key Google apps like Gmail, Google Meet for video conferencing, Calendar for setting events and reminders, Docs for creating content online, Keep for making notes, Sheets for spreadsheets, Drive for Google cloud office, Chat for quick messaging, etc. for growing businesses to collaborate with great ease.
- They provide three types of plans G Suite Basic, G Suite Business (Now known as Google Workspace), and G Suite Enterprise. You can choose one depending on your needs and the size of your firm.
- G Suite is a great option for businesses to increase productivity and collaboration with team members around the globe. User-friendliness, security, and familiarity are the key features provided by G Suite.
- G Suite does have scope for improvement in the areas of admin console customizability
- The lack of options to find, organize, and duplicate documents in Google Drive.
- Microsoft’s Outlook is superior than Gmail and Google could introduce easy search options for particular emails.
#2 Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365, by Microsoft, is a cloud-based office productivity suite.
- Cloud-based productivity suites comprises facilities like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Skype, Outlook, and more tailored to aid and increase performance and competence in the workplace and individually.
- Since it is cloud-based, files can be accessed from anywhere at any time making it easier to collaborate with colleagues and manage information.
- It’s price with a monthly and annual basis of subscription. It can be bought for personal use, for the entire family, and entire firms as well, big or small. Hence, it is simple to use and yet effective.
- The pricing structure may be exorbitant.
- Several functions are rarely or never in use which may be as unnecessary space-hogging at some level.
To sum up, once you start using Microsoft 365, any other productivity software suites you down.
- It offers features like built-in PDF functionality, enhanced Reveal Codes, and eBook publishing.
- WordPerfect offers support and enhanced collaboration to heighten efficiency in the workplace.
- You can also create templates for the similar type of documents that you need which will help you save time.
- The formatting styles are more sophisticated than say, Google Docs thus, offering you a bigger pool of choices.
- The software is user-friendly, thus even if you are a beginner you will have no difficulties in getting accustomed to the interface.
- The disadvantage of using WordPerfect is that the interface and database have not been updated for many years.
- Also, the menu might contain too many options that may feel redundant.
- It contains less automation which might be good for formatting but will entail no offering of suggestions to make the document better.
For Apple users and others, iWork might be a good and perhaps, a welcome shift from Microsoft Office.
- Apple’s office suite comes with excellent features like a more free interface than MS Office’s, hassle-free sync facilities to iCloud, easy real-time collaboration makes it suitable for small and big businesses as well as freelancers.
- Above all, it’s available free of charge to users through Mac, iOS, and the web.
- An added benefit to iWork users is that now, it is possible to save files created in iWork in standard Office formats to battle the compatibility issues with Microsoft.
- The dark side of iWork is that it is limited to Apple users with Apple hardware and can be accessed on windows only through iCloud. Cloud-based productivity suites don’t have a desktop version of iWork.
- Also, since Pages, Keynote and Numbers are saved in different file formats, users might face compatibility issues.
It’s cleaner, more compatible, and user–friendly than Microsoft Office and worth the switch.
LibreOffice by OffiDocs is another leading name in the market. It provides document creating, editing, and managing facilities, over the web.
- The software is available free of cost, even for commercial use, which is the most noteworthy feature.
- It is a fully-featured productivity software suites like MS Office but it doesn’t cost a penny to get a license for it. LibreOffice contains six programs that provide everything you need an office suite to do for you, Writer (word processing), Calc (spreadsheets), Impress (presentations), Draw (vector graphics), Math (mathematical formulae), Base (databases).
- It is compatible with all microsoft office suite file formats so files can be saved with extensions like .doc, Docx, .xls, .pptx, etc.
- There are also options available to add features like advanced grammar tools and extra language packs.
- The one thing missing in LibreOffice’s suite is that its collection of templates is limited compared to Microsoft’s.
#6 Zoho Docs
Zoho Docs by Zoho is a package of Writer (word processor), Sheets (Spreadsheet), Show (Presentation) software.
- It is a cost-effective and cheaper alternative to MS Office.
- They provide a free version, as well. Although Zoho’s apps may lack some features, they sufficiently make up for it by providing those in their web-based versions.
- Cloud-based productivity suites conveniently syncs files with desktop and Dropbox.
- The security features are reliable. Zoho Docs facilitates integration with other Zoho products, as well.
- The shortcomings of Zoho Docs include Sheets not being like Excel and having the analysis capabilities of Excel but are functional for most small business use cases.
#7 WPS Office
WPS Office by Kingsoft Office Software is another cost-friendly and efficient alternative to MS Office or G Suite.
- It is easy to set up, easy to do business with, with numerous template options and other basic benefits of cloud-based office productivity software suites.
- Collaboration features are rife with real-time editing options and cloud-based storage facility making it a piece of cake to collaborate with others.
- It boasts of a convivial, Office-like interface. It comes with spell check, PDF converter, QR Scanner, and more.
- The cons associate with WPS Office includes advertisements mostly, which can be done away with if you decide to buy the premium version. There might be some editing tools and templates that are available only with the premium version.
- MS Office does beat it in terms of management of interface and the fewer number of languages supports.
- Users might face alignment issues with files saved in standard Office formats.
On the whole, it is a simple, low-memory consuming software that serves the purpose of an office productivity suite efficiently.
Our best recommendation would be Microsoft 365. It is a secure, cost-effective, and efficient way to store and process data. It offers all the major data processing software required to run a business smoothly. Microsoft is a reliable organization.
They are unlikely to go bankrupt soon. Their servers are always functional, they fix bugs quickly, the design is simple and easy to use. While the pricing might seem a bit exorbitant, the features and the tools do justify the rate.
Is Office 365 Cloud-Based Only?
Microsoft Office is partially cloud-based and partially a SaaS (Software as a Service). To understand Microsoft Office 365 just remember, it’s a web-based system that allows you to access your files and information from anywhere, not a server focused on data storage and capacity.
Which is Better Office 365 or G Suite?
Both of the Cloud-Based Productivity Suites are in fierce competition against each other. They are similar to each other in many ways that they offer tools for data processing, email, and collaboration. While G Suite takes the lead in in-app integration, low pricing, and ease of use, Microsoft 365 has the high hand in complex task execution and the availability of more tools. Google offers Forms as an extra whereas Microsoft has SharePoint.
Thus, if you are a user with the basic needs of data processing and collaboration, G Suite would be the right choice for you. But if you are someone who needs to get heavy and more complex work done, Microsoft 365 is your go-to office productivity suite.
Eleggible’s Final Words
This cloud-based software is available on a yearly subscription basis and the best part is that much of this software is free of cost. So as per your needs and requirements, you can get the one you want. Even the paid ones are highly economical.
The most common services that it provides are mainly backups and restoration of data and providing high-tech security. Since all you need is an internet connection to get access to any of your data through the cloud, therefore the security that it ensures is great and trustworthy.
Besides this, its main task is to improve the operation of your business and making it more convenient for you and your staff or management to handle the workload by providing project management solutions that keep the track of company’s progress, and its performance.
Not only the company but also its workers involved, checking their efficiency, maintaining a to-do list, and other such amazing things can be done through this cloud-based software.
There are just countless awesome benefits that cloud based software can provide which are not just limited to business profiles but also can be used for basic purposes. Hence definitely worth your time.