PDF became the default standard for distributing documents across different platforms. You may be creating a document in any word editor application, and when you want to distribute it, you will need to convert Word to PDF.
Before Microsoft decided to include the PDF save plug-in in its Office 2007 suite of applications, users were forced to use third party word to PDF converter tools.
Even now, quite a few Word to PDF converter tools is available on the internet. But some of these free Word to PDF converter sites don’t do a perfect job.
If you also want to convert pdf to word then also you can use these tools.
What you require when you want to convert a Word file to PDF format is the original format should be retained, especially if you have used tables or tabs in the original document.
But this doesn’t happen when you use some of the Word to PDF converter tools that are offered for free on the internet.
Top 4 Ways to Convert Word to PDF For Free
There are multiple methods to convert Word to PDF format. Hence, in this post, we will discuss the top 4 easiest ways.
LightPDF is one the best free online tool that you can access easily with different web browsers, including Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox. One good thing about this, you can convert different file formats to PDF like Word to PDF, JPG to PDF, and many more. Furthermore, it has a software version for Windows computers that provides advanced editing features for PDFs like OCR and more. See the steps below to start converting your Word file into PDF.
Go to the official website https://lightpdf.com/tools
Second, select the “Word to PDF” function.
From here, click the “+” icon to upload the word file on your computer.
After that, click the “Convert” button to proceed.
Once done, click the “Download” button to save it on your PC.
Apart from converting Word to PDF, this tool is also capable of converting PDF to different file formats in just a few simple clicks. Check out this excellent tool to know about its features and capabilities when it comes to PDF queries.
2. Convert a document to PDF in Microsoft Word
If you have Microsoft Word 2007 or later version of Microsoft Office, you can convert the document in PDF version in Word itself by following the points mentioned below.
- Open the document you want to convert and click the ‘Microsoft Office’ button.
- Click on ‘Save as’
- In the ‘save a copy of the document,’ click on PDF or XPS
- The ‘Publish as PDF or XPS’ window will open
- The default’ FileName’ will be the same as that of the Microsoft Word document; you can change the file name
- The default ‘Save as type’ is PDF; click on the arrowhead to change the format to XPS.
- The ‘Open file after publishing’ option will be selected by default; you can unselect it.
- The Optimize button is set to ‘Standard’; you can change and select ‘Minimize’ depending on your requirements.
- Click on Publish
A copy of the document will be saved in PDF format. If you have chosen the ‘Open file after publishing’ option and have Adobe Acrobat Reader application on your computer, the document will open in a new window in PDF.
Also Read: Best PDF to PNG Converter Online
Word Tip: If you have Word files saved in .doc format. Open it in Word 2007. Save it as Word document. It will be saved in .docx format. Now open the file in the new format (.docx) and follow the steps given above to save it in PDF format.
3. Word to PDF by DupliChecker
As a free website that features a top-quality Word to PDF tool, we suggest one of the best websites named as a dupe checker. It’s an amazing platform with hundreds of free SEO tools, including Word to PDF Converter. To do the conversion with this tool, follow the following steps:
- Drag/drop or upload a Word file
- Click on Convert to PDF button
- After the Word to PDF converter tool has finished conversion, you can download the file
- The file is downloaded in zip format
- Extract the file and save it in PDF format.
4. Convert Word document to PDF using Google Drive
If you have a Google account, you can convert a Microsoft Word document to PDF by using Google drive.
- Open your web browser
- Login to Google drive
- Select ‘My Drive’
- Select and drop the Word file you want to convert
- Click on the file to open
- Select ‘open with Google docs’
- The document file will be opened in a new tab
- Click on ‘File’
- Select ‘Download’ as PDF
- Set the path and save the file.
The file will be saved with the same file name in PDF format.
5. Free Word to PDF Converter
This is a free Word to PDF converter site that is available on the internet. It’s pretty simple to use and does a good job of converting the document from Microsoft Word to PDF format. To use this tool, you have to:
- Search for ‘free word to pdf converter’ on your web browser
- Click on https://www.freepdfconvert.com/
- You can choose a file from Google Drive, Dropbox or URL
- Or you can click on ‘drop a file here.’
- Select the Word file from your computer
- Once you have selected the file, it will process it
- Once the conversion is done, save the file on your computer.
This does a clean and good file conversion. It does not tamper with the original document. However, if you want to use it regularly, you will need to subscribe and purchase a 1-month, 12-month, or Lifetime plan. It suits people who only require using a word to PDF converter occasionally.
Eleggible’s Final Words
These are the four simple and easy to use Word to PDF converter sites that give users a choice of use. You can use any of them and get hands-on a converted PDF file without facing any hassle or disturbance in the formatting and alignment of your data.