We usually use antivirus software in our PC, Android, tablet or iPhone to prevent virus or any third-party threats from attacking our system or may steal our data. This virus or bug can damage our system and steel are professional to personal data and can be misused by hackers. We offer Portable AntiVirus for you.
Antivirus software or anti-malware software air is a computer program usually used to prevent, detect and remove malware or thefts. Malware is malicious software or files. There are many types of malware, including spyware, adware and rootkits.
What is Portable Antivirus Software, and What Does It Do?
Mobile antivirus software is similar to the antivirus softwares. Still, the benefits of these are that they are mostly equal to the portable apps and though these antivirus programs don’t need to be installed on your PC.
The malware in our system steals data, deletes data, “Lock” your files and hide your photos and prevent you from using them (ransomware), spy on you including audio and video, damage hardware and also use your device to send spam or malware to another device.
Top 13 Portable AntiVirus Software for Windows (2021)
You can go through some essential features to find the best software.
1. Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Emsisoft Emergency Kit, a dual-engine antivirus scanner is truly powerful whereas it detects viruses, rootkits, trojans, spyware, and ransomware while testing, with fewer false positives than McAfee.
Points before installing this tool in your PC:
1. While running the software its uses about 200 MB of your RAM, so always remember that you must be having at least 1 GB of RAM before installing it in your PC.
2. Emsisoft Commandline Scanner contains similar features as Emergency Kit Scanner but without a GUI. It detects the virus or malware and moves it for quarantine.
If you are using Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 or Windows Server (2008 R2/2012/R2 2016/2019) – with the latest service pack installed then this tool will always work on your device.
2. Intel McAfee GetSusp
One of the best app to detect unidentified malware. McAfee GetSusp removes the headache of increasing for in-depth technical knowledge of computer systems by isolating undetected malware.
It performs the task by using a combination of dealing with various problems and querying the McAfee Global Threat Intelligence (GTI) File Reputation database to gather suspicious or corrupted files.
Points to remember before installing this tool in your PC:
1. According to the terms of service that you need to accept only before download states that “this program submits files to McAfee by default for analysis” and also before you run the program and as well it will likely be one for privacy-conscious users and businesses.
2. You will have to go through the listing one by one, and either scan each file with third-party security software, or an online service like Virustotal.
3. Avast Rescue Disk
Avast Rescue Disk is a type of portable antivirus software that enables you to scan the PC even when your system is not running. Usually, this method significantly increases the chances of detecting and removing malware because the malware is unable to counteract when this system is not running.
You can also create a bootable version of the Avast scanner on a USB or CD so that it can be booted without any operating software running on a PC. It is especially useful to repair a PC hijacked by malware online or offline.
4. Norton Power Eraser
Norton Power Eraser is also one of the portable antivirus software which uses our most aggressive scanning technology to eliminate threats that traditional or regular virus scanning doesn’t always detect so that you can get your PC back in a safe manner.
Because Norton Power Eraser is an aggressive virus removal tool, it may mark an invalid program for removal, although you can always undo the results of a scan. It can also help detect and remove Potentially Unwanted Programs (compromise privacy or weaken the computer’s security).
Precautions while using this software:
1. You should carefully review the scan results page before removing files.
2. This antivirus software uses higher aggressive methods to detect threats, and there it can select some critical programs for removal, so we have to be careful while scanning.
5. Dr Web CureIt!
Dr Web Curelt is the tool that usually helps to detect minor malware or virus from our system. Eliminating the damage caused by computer attacks due to a poor-quality antivirus is an expensive loss after all. Customers who have already switched to Dr.Web from other antiviruses well know this, and it also works on these versions of PC,
- Windows 10 (64 bit)
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 2008 (64 bit)
- Windows 2008
- Windows 2003
- Windows 8 (64 bit)
- Windows 8
- Windows 7 (64 bit)
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista (64 bit)
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (64 bit)
- Windows XP.
6. Comodo Cleaning Essentials
Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) is a portable antivirus software which is a set or package of computer security tools designed to help the users to identify and remove malware and unsafe processes or transfers from infected computers.
Significant features include in this software:
1. KillSwitch – as per the name it kills the harmful software whenever it detects. This is a system monitoring tool that allows users to scan and identify, monitor and stop any unsafe processes that are running on their system online or offline.
2. Malware scanner – the scanner can be considered as customizable scanner capability of revealing and eliminating viruses, rootkits, hidden files and malicious registry keys hidden deep in the PC as well as in the hard disk.
3. Autorun Analyzer – An advanced utility to view, handle services and programs that were loaded when your system booted-up once again.
7. Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
Kaspersky is an on-demand scanner. It does not offer any protection against future malware attacks on the system which makes it a suitable program to remove existing malware from PCs and properly check procedures to make sure they are clean and not infected by any virus or malware.
The application is portable and requires no installation process. This advanced software automatically scans your computer to find threats, and if your system has been infected by malware, our technology will remove it from your device and inform you.
8. Symantec Norton Security Scan
Symantec Norton security scan is a part of Norton Security specially made as portable antivirus software. This software automatically updates virus definitions and regularly scans your PC for a range of threats. When you are offline, suspect that you have a virus, you can manually run the Quick Scan to analyze areas of your computer that are most vulnerable to threats.
Norton Security Scan takes less RAM than the average program in the section Security software. It’s mostly used in countries such as India, Indonesia, and Australia. This software will scan your computer and identify if there are existing viruses, worms, spyware, unwanted adware or Trojans residing on your computer or not.
This application is available for users with the operating system Windows XP and former versions, and only available in English.
9. BitDefender Antivirus
BitDefender Antivirus is a portable antivirus tool, and this is also platform-independent, presenting compatibility at a binary level for any Operating Systems such as Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and at the source code level for other OS’s.
It’s unbeatable multi-layered protection always keeps our devices safe from all new and existing threats and also it Bitdefender Antivirus Plus works against all e-threats, from viruses, worms and Trojans, to ransomware, zero-day exploits, rootkits and spyware. It also includes a variety of internet security protections, depending on the price level.
- Advanced features including:
- webcam filtering
- real-time phishing detection
- data and privacy are safe
- excellent malware protection
- Top-tier suite includes unlimited VPN
- Password manager, parental controls
- Easy-to-use interface
- Ransomware Remediation makes Bitdefender one of the most effective antivirus programs available.
Points to remember before installing this application:
- Let a few threats through
- Lacks file encryption
- Heavy background system load
10. Trend Micro HouseCall
Trend Micro HouseCall is an antivirus software which cleans up threats but does not prevent them from entering the PC. As compared to McAfee, the investment is less in HouseCall, but if you only need protection for one or two devices, then Trend Micro offers virtually the same protection for a lower price tag.
While comparing to Norton, it is available for most operating systems while Trend Micro is only for Windows (unless you purchase the most expensive plan) this is how Norton as little superior to Trend Micro. Trend Micro, Maximum Security tool, includes almost all the functionality of HouseCall, plus automatic virus updates personal firewall, spyware detection and removal, spam blocking, protection against identity theft, and Wi-Fi network protection.
The free tool download includes a 30-day trial of premium features available with Trend Micro Mobile Security (one of the most respected companies in security software) which offers a free utility that scans, cleans your computer of all documented viruses, Trojans and other malware.
11. F-Secure Online Scanner
F-Secure testing scores are good, but not as outstanding as those of Bitdefender or Kaspersky Anti-Virus. While it requires a downloadable add-on, and also it takes up minimal memory. The speed of this scanner is another central selling point, as it can remove threats.
While comparing F-Secure Internet Security with McAfee Internet Security, both are two good software in the internet security category. Still, McAfee Internet Security tends to be a better choice with a higher repair score, of 92% to compare with 75% for F-Secure Internet Security.
12. Zemana AntiMalware
Zemana AntiMalware is also one of the best portable antivirus software where the premium edition of Zemana has more functions. If buy the paid version, you will get real-time and zero-day malware protection and anti-ransomware tools.
- Benefits of using Zemana AntiMalware includes:
- Removes unwanted apps, annoying toolbars or browser add-ons.
- Finds and removes even deeply embedded advanced threats like rootkits and boot kits.
- Scans thousands of files per second.
- Compatible with other antivirus solutions.
- In-house algorithms for zero false positives.
- Doesn’t slow down your PC.
Benefits of Zemana AntiMalware cloud-based scanning are:
- Reduced detection time for new virus outbreaks.
- Increased zero hour detection rates for all types of malware.
- Rapid simultaneous scanning without system resource issues.
13. Microsoft Safety Scanner
This is a unique tool of Microsoft company to remove the virus from the computer. Microsoft safety scanner is a portable antivirus software which can the installed computer for ten days then we have to reinstall for the the the next ten days. Safety scanner always works manually and must make sure that the latest version is continuously updated before the scan process begins.
Some points before installing this tool in your PC:
- we have to reinstall this within ten days or update the application frequently to get the best result.
- it always works manually, which means that there is no option to scan the computer automatically.
- there is no desktop icon or any shortcut to open this tool, so you have to remember where you have kept its original file.
Always remember that it works only in these Windows version the names given here to go through it:
- Windows 10
- Windows 10 Tech Preview
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Server Tech Preview
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008.
Which is the Best Portable Antivirus Software?
We can consider Kaspersky and Bitdefender the best portable antivirus software in current time. Because of their strong security and beneficial updates, these are currently on the top.
Is Kaspersky Worth in 2021?
There were questions about Kaspersky’s data collection practices. The news claimed by Western media that the Kaspersky had replaced staff members with Russian government employees and that Russian hackers had used Kaspersky to steal US intelligence data so this is how now US government departments had banned the use of Kaspersky’s software on staff computers. Kaspersky’s software is worthy of installing in your home computer but not in your office PC.
Which is the Safest Antivirus Software?
Microsoft Safety Scanner is the safest antivirus software because as we know, the Microsoft is the most trustworthy the application or package so to look on the safe side we should prefer this portable antivirus software as the best. Today we told you about the best portable antivirus softwares you can use for your PC.
Eleggible’s Final Words
However, free online virus scanners are safe and useful if you stick to known brands so you must carefully check the website address before running any online virus scanner. Hope so you were satisfied buy this info and your issue of using portable antivirus software is solved by reading these points. Thanks for reading and if you liked this info then do share it with your colleagues.