We all know that the entire world is dependent on the internet and is one of the necessities in this era. Almost everything is performed over the internet. For instance, with this immense growth of technology, you may also know that you can, most importantly, share your internet on your cell phone with wireless connection over other devices by using Tethering Apps.
This way of passing over your internet access and sharing it with others is called tethering, which is now available on many smartphone devices. However, on the other hand, there is even some software that is specially designed for tethering purposes. You can easily download those software applications, also known as Tethering Apps, from the play store or over its official site as well.
In this article, we will discuss top Tethering Apps in this year 2020, So that you can share your internet with your laptop, PC, or other devices. Also, we will discuss some of the queries that you may found and solve them simultaneously.
What is the Best Tethering Apps to Share Internet [17 Best Apps]
Here is the list of the top 17 best Tethering Apps along with its availability and features. So it would be more convenient for you to navigate and find the best tethering apps for android according to your requirements. So let us get started.
1. USB tethering
USB tethering is one of the best Tethering Apps through which you can also easily share your internet connection to your PC or Laptop through a USB connection. In addition to that, you don’t need to do much because the application automatically starts the moment you connect it. For instance, you have to click “Start USB tethering,” and it’s all done, you can get internet access on your desktop with few clicks.
- This application is used by many of the users and has more than 1 million downloads.
- USB Tethering is compatible with any of the operating system.
- Moreover, It is easy to use the software.
Availability: It is compatible and available for all operating systems, including Android, iOS, and others.
2. ClockworkMod Tether
It is one of the modest Tethering Apps on the Play store and used by many of its users. It has a decent and straightforward, highly intuitive interface and easy to use. You can easily tether your internet connection without any root to PC or laptop.
- This application enables high tethering.
- It does not require any root.
- Also, it provides an easy and intuitive interface.
- It has manual guides that will you to start things.
- In addition, It does not require any root or specific tether plan.
Availability: It is compatible with some of the devices whereas you can access the internet over Mac, Windows, and Linux as well.
It is one of the best tethering apps for android, that you may find over. It has come up with a new feature of “WiFi Direct Hotspot,” which is available in Android devices with 4.1+ versions only. Along with that, it has only WiFi mode and USB mode through which you can tether. It also needs a proxy setup for the WiFi hotspot on your device to enable access.
- You can easily access the internet by WiFi direct hotspot.
- The speed of tethering is good enough.
- It has an easy interface.
- Ease of usage.
- Needs a proxy setup
Availability: It is available for both Android as well as iOS. Has a separate supported application for PC or Laptop.
It is one of the applications which is designed specifically for WiFi tethering, and It has only a USB tethering mode that does not contribute to draining the battery. This application is also one of the secure ways through which you can get internet access over a PC or desktop quickly, which costs rupees 394, and you can download it from Play Store itself.
- This application does not require root.
- Has USB tethering mode only that saves battery draining of your device.
- It is a one-time payment, with all benefits.
- It is platform-independent.
Availability: It is available for any device for easy tethering. It supports Windows (XP, Vista), Mac 10.5 or newer versions, and Linux as well.
FoxFi is popularly known and used Tethering Apps. In this application, you can again find on Play Store itself. However, this application is only available for Android devices, which has a newer version from 7.0. the paid version.
This version is the most preferable as the free one has the drawback of restarting it after some while. It is available only for USB mode, which allows tether easily over a PC or laptop from your device.
- It has a USB tethering mode.
- This application has secure tethering features.
- Indefinite access over the paid version.
- Easy to use with a simple interface.
Availability: It is compatible with any android device having more than 7.0 versions.
6. Tether It
It is one of the newly launches applications that almost covers everything that the Tethering Apps should consist of; this application supports WPA2 security, WiFi, Bluetooth, and USB mode as well.
It has a relaxed and simple user interface that is easy to use. Along with that, it has a Pro version, which is for $2.99 and allows you are tethering for unlimited access.
- This application does not require any root.
- It works with various WiFi devices.
- This application has WPA2 security, which is safe to use.
- It has a clean and easy to use interface.
- In addition, it supports USB as well as Bluetooth mode.
Availability: It is available and compatible with all of the devices including android as well as iOS.
7. NetShare – no-root-tethering
NetShare is another software application that allows you to share your cellular data with PC and desktops by just being an interface between them. It absolutely does not require any root for tethering and is pretty easy to use. It runs on an android version of 6.0 and above.
- This application requires no root at all.
- Easy to use.
- It works only on the above six versions of the android platform.
- In addition, it Has fast tethering speed.
- Does not require any tethering plans or fee and is available free on Play Store.
Availability: It is available for android six and above versions. It does not support iOS.
8. Secure Tether Client –Android WiFi tethering
It is an easy way to share your internet with PC and desktop through this application. This application is updated recently. Sometimes this application crashes with some of the devices but is available for android devices as well as with iOS. It is used widely and has more than 10000+ downloads recently.
- It is easy to use and has a simple interface,
- Available for free.
- It is more reliable on the android platform.
- This application also has a vast community and support.
Availability: it is available and compatible for both Android and iOS, but does not work properly with some of the devices.
9. Mobile Hotspot – 2020
By the name itself, you can quickly figure out that it is a recently launched application that allows you are tethering from phone’s data to make it available for your PC as well. It has a simple and easy interface. You can enable access to your desktop within a few clicks.
- It is available for an android version above 6.0.
- This application has a simple interface.
- It is an Ease of usage.
- In addition, You can tether the internet instantly.
- It is available free on Play Store, and you can download it easily.
- Have minimum ads in between the usage.
Availability: it is available and compatible with only on Android version of 6.0 and above, and does not support iOS devices.
10. Easy Tether
It is yet another application that allows you to make internet connection available on your desktop from just cellular data. It does not require any root for tethering and pretty easy to use.
You can create an internet connection available on Mac, Windows, Linux, and other tablets as well. It only has a USB mode of tethering, and you have to pay for the Pro version as well, but it is a one-time payment.
- It is easy to operate.
- This application has a simple and intuitive interface.
- USB tethering mode.
- Available on distinct operating systems.
- It offers you one-time pay and unlimited use.
Availability: It is compatible with the entire device Android as well as iOS. You only have to pay $9.99 to get unlimited access.
11. WiFi Tethering
WiFi Tethering is another application used to get cellular data from your phone on to the PC and desktops. This software application supports Windows, Linux, and Mac OS as well. Most importantly, it is free to use this application without any in-app purchases.
- Firstly, Setups quick tether.
- Secondly, Does not take ample time to access.
- In addition, It does not require any root for tethering.
- Moreover, you can easily download it from the Play Store for entirely free.
Availability: It is available for all the devices including Android as well as iOS.
Tethering is another Android application that you can easily download from Play Store. And use for sharing your internet connection over desktop or laptop. It requires USB to connect, and hence it is secured.
The USB mode of tethering is performed without any root necessary; also, you use this application only by clicking on the option of USB debugging, and you are all done with it.
- It is easy to use software application for Android.
- Have fast tethering features.
- In addition, it does not require any root.
- Enable USB tethering mode.
- Needs USB debugging for further access.
Availability: It is available only for Android devices and is not supported for other devices.
13. Barnacle WiFi Tether
It is one of the applications that can efficiently turn on your cellular data and make it seems like a mobile hotspot. You can also connect it directly to PC by USB and hence uses USB tethering mode.
Moreover, you can share your 3G or 4G connection on your Linux, Windows, Xbox, and Mac operating systems. It is consequently free to use and open source. So, you can take benefits of it without paying a single penny.
- It requires root to access tethering.
- You can connect directly with USB over distinct operating systems.
- It is free and available easily on the Play store.
- It is open, and you can have unlimited access.
Availability: It is available for all platforms. It is platform-independent that supports distinct platforms.
14. Tethering Widget
Tethering Widget is one of a wise choice because you can go in terms of simplicity. Above all, It is a very simple and easy to use software application that you can find easily on the Play store.
By the name itself, you can say that it is an application widget which subsequently automatically get sets on your Home Screen after downloading. However, further, for providing access, you simply have to activate it from the widget option.
- It is straightforward and easy to use the software.
- This application has a clean and intuitive interface.
- It gets automatically set on the widget section.
- In addition, It has a huge community and support.
- It is available for free on the Play store.
Availability: it is available for all operating systems and devices. You can download it easily without any in-app purchase from the Play store.
15. Easy WiFi Tether
Firstly, from the name, you can make up how easy it will be for using this application for sharing data. Perhaps it is easy to use, but it does lacks somewhere and does not perform that qualitative. Other than all the applications, it does support USB, Bluetooth, and WiFi sharing mode itself. Also, after downloading, it simply gets on access automatically.
- It is easy to use and simple as well.
- It requires a frequent time for getting accessed.
- This application supports USB, Bluetooth, and WiFi modes.
- Easily available on the Play Store.
Availability: It is available for both Android and iOS platforms and is platform-independent.
Tetrd is yet another application that appears on the top searches of tethering software applications. This application is simple and modest, which allows you to have an internet connection from phone to PC or desktop, and vice versa is even possible, which is called reverse tethering. It does not require any in-app feature for access, but the device should contain a high internet speed of 7GB, at least.
- It is an application that subsequently allows reverse tethering as well.
- To sum up, in short, it is yet convenient and straightforward to use.
- Likewise, it requires high-speed connectivity for a better connection.
- Moreover, it does not require root and offers faster tethering.
- On the other hand, you can connect up to a maximum of five devices simultaneously.
Availability: It is available for all devices including android and iOS platforms also. It also supports IPv6.
17. 1-Click WiFi Tether No Root
However, by looking at the name mentioned, you can know how easy it can be available within just a few steps and clicks. But alike Easy WiFi Tether, it also lacks when it comes to performance. In addition, you can use this app for one time or frequent uses.
But it is not that suitable for unlimited uses. In other words, It does not require root for tethering activated access within a few minutes, and It is available for Windows, Mac, Ubuntu, Wii, PS3, and other desktops.
- In addition, it does not require root.
- Above all, it has quick access without any delay.
- This application is also available for different operating systems and desktops.
- It also comes with a guide to help.
Availability: It is available for both Android and iOS platforms. Apart from that it also supports other operating systems to get the network shared.
So this was the list of the top 17 best tethering applications widely used in the year 2020, but if you are still confused amongst the 17 that which one can be ideal for you, do not worry because you can go with our recommendation.
For those who want, in addition, to have a premium application with advanced features, ClockworkMod Tether, PdaNet+, and FoxFi can be one of your finest choices.
So, apart from that, you can also go with USB tethering and Klink, which will give you satisfactory results but If you want it frequently, then surely go for the free one without spending any many.
How Can You Make My Phone Into A Hotspot For Free?
To make this available, you can simply navigate on your phone settings and search for “tethering” and then find the option with “hotspot and tethering” and click on it, and you can simply remove the password and turn it for open and free because this will allow access to any of the device without the need of a password.
Is Tethering Faster Than Hotspot?
Tethering via any wired connection is more secure and efficient as compared to a mobile hotspot, which has only the security of the password, and the internet speed vis USB tethering is faster than just a mobile hotspot.
Is Tethering The Same As A Hotspot?
Tethering allows you to share the internet access to only one device user, but tethering done with a wireless setup is almost similar to the mobile hotspot, but yet it’s not the same.
Eleggible’s Final Words
In conclusion, In this article, we have found almost the entire content which has to be covered from the tethering introduction. In addition, the basic FAQ’ that you have might come across is also answered.
To sum up, in short, 17 best tethering applications are updated and found to best in this year 2020. You can try any one of them and enjoy all its benefits; moreover, if you are not sure about which should be the best for you.
You can certainly come to our best recommendation, helping you find the best amongst the list. In conclusion, I hope this article was helpful and informative to you.