Online storage now becomes a new way of room, and when it is about creating backup files, the iCloud and google drive are widely used. In this article, I’ll be telling you the methods you can use to upload photos to google drive on iPhone.
3 Methods to Upload Photos to Google Drive on an iPhone
Storing your files/ data backup in google drive will help you retrieve the critical files whenever you need then on your iOS device.
1. Manually Uploading the Photos to Google Drive
You can either upload the photos manually or automatically. It is up to you. People use the manual method when they find a need for individual backup pictures from the iOS device. Follow the following steps to upload the photos manually:
1. First, you need to download and install the google drive app on your phone. You can get this app from the app store.
2. Then log in to your google account. You have to launch the drive for this. You need to tap on the drive icon from the iPhone home screen then a list of folders will appear.
3. Now you have to select the folder you want to use. You can also create a new folder by clicking on the + sign located at the bottom right corner.
4. Then tap the blue and white + button.
5. Now you can upload the files to google drive from your iPhone by clicking on the upload option. Also, add mp3 to iPhone with these simple steps.
6. If you get a quick menu there, you have to choose the type of file you want to upload. In this, choose photos and video options. Then your photos album will open in this. You can now select the images you wish to upload.
7. You may also get a notification asking you permission to allow google drive to access your photos. Simply click ok and continue.
8. Hence, now will select the photos.
9. Now once you have selected the photos, press the upload button on the top-right edge. Now, your photos will be uploaded in the google drive.
2. Automatically Uploading the Photos
The backup and sync service of google drive can be used if you want your photos to be automatically uploaded in the google drive.
If you make any changes in the images or videos, they will be changed in every synced device. Now, to enable the sync option for google drive, you have to follow these steps:
1. Launch the google photos app. If you don’t have the app, then go to the app store and install the app.
2. Now sign in your google account.
3. At the top, you will see three horizontal lines click on that it is the menu option.
4. Then go to setting option from the menu.
5. There click on backup and sync.
6. Now toggle the button to turn backup and sync on.
7. If you get a prompt notification asking for access, then allow it to access your photos.
8. You can also grant permission for access by going to settings> privacy> then select photos.
9. Then you have to toggle the button to turn google photos on.
The other method that can be used for automatically backing up your photos to google drive is to go to settings>photos> and then here turn the auto backup on.
If you want to check that your photos are backed up, open the Google Photos app, sign in to your Google Account, and then tap Photos. On the upper part of the screen, you will see if your photos are backed up or still waiting to back up.
3. Sync iPhone Photos to Google Drive
1. Open the google drive on your iPhone. It has a triangle-shaped symbol with yellow, blue, and green edges.
2. Now tap on the menu option (three horizontal lines), your navigation menu will open.
3. Now open the drive settings by clicking on the gear-shaped icon. It is present at the upper right corner.
4. In the menu, tap on photos.
5. Toggle the button of google photos folder. This will create a separate folder for your google photos.
6. Now you have to toggle the auto-backup button so that all your photos and videos are automatically uploaded in the drive.
Eleggible’s Final Words
This article tells you ways and steps by which you can upload your photos in the google drive. There are mainly two methods.
One is the manual in which you have to select and upload individual images, and the other is automatic in which all your photos and videos get uploaded automatically.
This is good to keep a backup of your pictures so that even if they got deleted by chance, you could quickly recover the photos. I hope this article was a help.
More iPhone Guides: How to Add Someone to Group Text on iPhone